Thursday, July 1, 2010

CT CLEAR

Rob's CT did NOT show any enlarged/abnormal lymph nodes! He is scheduled for a partial glossectomy and removal of selective lymph nodes from the right side of his neck. The reason for removing the nodes, despite the negative CT, is to evaluate for microscopic malignant cells. His surgery is scheduled for July 13 and he will be in the hospital for a few days afterward. The plan is to remove the lesion on his tongue, and repair the area with a skin graft from his thigh. He will probably have an NG (nasogastric) tube because he won't be able to eat for 5 days. Radiation will depend on the depth of the lesion, which can only be determined during/after surgery, and whether there is any microscopic involvement of the lymph nodes.

He just finished his chest x-ray and its TIME TO EAT AND HAVE A DIET COKE!

Thank you for your prayers, and keep them coming!

I'll let ya go now.....................

8 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! I'm thrilled to hear such great news. Keep the blogs coming. Sending prayers and hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good news. I'm very happy to hear this. I hope good news continues!Thinking of you lots and praying for you both. I forget to come and comment on this thing, but you and Rob aren't far from my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news. Still in our prayers. Thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, things are looking fairly good, considering what you're up against. I'm happy to see that things are positive. You both are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad things are looking good. Thinking of you both and hating you have a ten day wait until surgery. :-( They made me wait a month.
    But I hope Rob is as lucky as I was. I just got another cancer free report.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are praying HARD for you both. I am glad to hear the positive report. Please do not hesitate to give me a call if you need anything. If you are going to be in Augusta for a few days and need anything while you are there let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JoAnn, congrats on another cancer free report!!! Wes, we are up here in your territory! Thanks to all for the comments and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete